The El Chapo Verdict Is Officially In, Watch For The Latest
This just in. The infamous drug lord El Chapo has been convicted on all counts in his US trial.
After nearly three months of testimony and six days of deliberation about a vast drug-smuggling conspiracy steeped in violence, a jury has convicted infamous Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman in his criminal conspiracy and drug trafficking trial.
The counts are as follows, via CBS News:
- Count One/ Engaging in a continuing criminal enterprise
- Count Two/ International Cocaine, Heroin, Methamphetamine and Marijuana Manufacture and Distribution Conspiracy
- Count Three/Cocaine Importation Conspiracy
- Count Four/Cocaine Distribution Conspiracy
- Count Five/ International Distribution of Cocaine
- Count Six/ International Distribution of Cocaine
- Count Seven/ International Distribution of Cocaine
- Count Eight/ International Distribution of Cocaine
- Count Nine/ Use of Firearms
- Count Ten/ Conspiracy to Launder Narcotics Proceeds
“El Chapo,” one of the most powerful drug lords in the world, could spend life in prison after being convicted on all counts in a New York trial. @Jerickaduncan is outside the courthouse https://t.co/6Psn0J7pux pic.twitter.com/CnSMUaKhFg
— CBS News (@CBSNews) February 12, 2019
For real though.