OPINION | This article contains political commentary which reflects the author's opinion.
Ahh, hell, it must be all the “Whites Only” signs above the produce at the local Wal-Marts.
Give me a freaking break. Don’t act like black folks are being tackled and prevented from purchasing fruits and veggies.
While I do know from experience that Food Stamps approve a plethora of junk food and not nearly enough approval for healthier options, there are SO MANY other factors for poor people (OF EVERY RACE) being fat.
Also, I feel like fat poor people is an insult to the starving children in Africa, but whatever, let’s go ahead and talk about how African Americans have it so hard here. Ya know, cherry picking behind a veil of racism, as Pressley, and countless other Democrats, do best.
Just to name a couple of reasons why people (regardless of race) end up fat while being poor –
- They live a sedentary lifestyle while eating nothing but sugar, salt, and carbs.
- The sedentary lifestyle comes from the enabling nature of the welfare system; in other words, it encourages laziness and discourages work ethic.
- Supermarkets and other grocery stores that would carry healthier food choices can’t survive in a region that is riddled with theft and other crimes.
- The high crime rate is often enabled by the culture of the people that reside within said region.
- The culture of a group of people is enabled by generations of brokenness and learned helplessness.
…. I could go on and on.
Anyways, watch this clip and let us know what you think –
Congresswoman blames “food apartheid systems” for black people not eating healthy diets. 😆 pic.twitter.com/1zOr6ZaT7m
— Mark Dice (@MarkDice) December 11, 2020