OPINION | This article contains political commentary which reflects the author's opinion.
In case you missed it in today’s FB live video, we are on the hunt for a few more “chickterns” to join the Chick family! Our current team of writers is awesome, but we’d like to add to the roster so that we can offer a more consistent amount of content to y’all each day, particularly when it comes to fast-breaking news! We’ve developed a job description thingy to offer some more specifics about what we’re looking for – feel free to share this far and wide.
The nationally-recognized brand of Chicks on the Right is seeking interns to create content for its website, http://chicksonright.com. This opportunity is perfect for someone who understands the COTR brand, who enjoys keeping up to date on hot topics and news of the day and sharing opinions about it, who has a talent for writing and has followed the COTR brand long enough to understand how to employ the COTR style in writing commentary.
This is a great chance for someone who’s interested in a writing career to build a portfolio of work on a national platform. We’ve helped launch the paid writing careers of former chickterns!
1. Sourcing, selecting, and writing commentary on current events, both political and pop culture-related, from a conservative viewpoint using the brand style that COTR followers have come to know and expect. Articles may vary in number and length each day, but thoughtful, well-articulated, carefully-edited writing is desired several times a day, seven days a week! Those seeking either weekday OR weekend writing gigs are welcome to apply.
2. Staying current on the political news cycle and assisting with breaking news stories as they happen, by collecting data, sources, and information and offering commentary in original posts written in WordPress, and under the direction of our management team.
3. Following up on leads from COTR’s founders sent via FB messenger.
4. Assisting with various other tasks pertaining to content creation and social media management as requested.
1. Knowledge of/familiarity with the COTR brand and a talent for writing commentary that recognizes the brand style.
2. Familiarity with WordPress preferred.
3. Experience writing/editing for websites/blogs preferred.
4. Ability to source content that engages an audience and drives traffic to the website.
5. Exceptional writing/proofreading skills desired.
This is a non-paid internship; however what it lacks in compensation it more than makes up for in building your portfolio! The chickternship also allows for plenty of flexibility in working hours. The ideal candidate will be able to write 5-6 original pieces of content at least 3-4 days per week or more; however, we’re willing to consider more part time arrangements as well.
Interested applicants should submit a letter that describes the reason for interest and a resume to [email protected]. Video messages are welcome as well – we would love to get a sense of your personality as you apply!