I mean…why not?
Sarah Sanders said on Tuesday that the Trump administration was looking for other ways to fund the border wall. I’m not sure if she was counting this, but maybe!
Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage Jr. is promoting a GoFundMe to #BuildTheWall. It’s titled “We The People Will Fund The Wall.” The basic argument is this: If everyone who voted for Trump would donate $80 to the campaign, we’d have enough to build the wall.
He wrote in part:
My name is Brian Kolfage, I have a verified blue check facebook page as a public figure and I’m a triple amputee veteran.
Please read entire statement before emailing questions.
Any questions about this message on my facebook or email me at [email protected]
The campaign is set to the MAX that Gofundme has at the moment… working to get it raised
Like a majority of Americans we elected President Donald J Trump to Make America Great Again. President Trump’s main campaign promise was to BUILD THE WALL. And as he’s followed through on just about every promise so far, this wall project needs to be completed still.
As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today. Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens and too many illegals are taking advantage of the United States taxpayers with no means of ever contributing to our society.
I have grandparents who immigrated to America legally, they did it the correct way and it’s time we uphold our laws, and get this wall BUILT!It’s up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling.
“If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall.” That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that’s half the wall. We can do this.
Democrats are going to stall this project by every means possible and play political games to ensure President Trump doesn’t get his victor. They’d rather see President Trump fail, than see America succeed. However, if we can fund a large portion of this wall, it will jumpstart things and will be less money Trump has to secure from our politicians.
This won’t be easy, but it’s our duty as citizens. This needs to be shared every single day by each of you on social media. We can do it, and we can help President Trump make America safe again!
We can totally do it.
He answers a bunch of questions at the bottom of the post. He stresses that this is NOT a scam, and he explains how he can guarantee that the money, if raised, will be directed to the correct place and used FOR THE WALL.
• How will we get the funds to the right place? We have contacted the Trump Administration to secure a point of contact where all funds will go upon completion. When get this information secured we will update. We have many very high level contacts already helping.
• Republican Representative Steven Palazzo of Mississippi is introducing legislation to direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds which would allow us to fund the wall this method. This is just one option, there are others on the table being discussed.
• 100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall. If for ANY reason we don’t reach our goal we will refund your donation.
• We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else.
• We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall.
• If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny.
As of Wednesday morning, the campaign garnered $566,045.