COVID Fears Cause Rape Suspect To Be Released, Kills Accuser

OPINION | This article contains political commentary which reflects the author's opinion.

Not only did this man, Ibrahim E. Bouaichi, rape a woman (which is certainly bad enough on its own), he abducted and strangled his victim, Karla Dominguez. He was indicted on all three charges without bond.

Well, Bouaichi’s lawyers decided to argue that since incarceration makes disinfecting measures difficult to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, Bouaichi posed a danger to the attorneys and fellow inmates.

Breitbart reported:

Then the coronavirus pandemic hit. Ibrahim E. Bouaichi’s lawyers argued that the virus was a danger to both inmates and their attorneys, and that Bouaichi should be freed awaiting trial.

On April 9, over the objections of an Alexandria prosecutor, Circuit Court Judge Nolan Dawkins released Bouaichi on $25,000 bond, with the condition that he only leave his Maryland home to meet with his lawyers or pretrial services officials.

In their motion for bond, the suspect’s lawyers said “social distancing and proper disinfecting measures are impossible while incarcerated.… Simply put, the risk of contracting Covid-19 in a jail is exceedingly obvious.”

Apparently that was not the danger they should have feared.

Bouaichi was ordered to stay home, but he decided to take matters into his own hands when he showed up at Dominguez’s apartment and murdered her at gunpoint.

I guess criminals aren’t so good at following orders.

The Alexandria Police Department announced that they were in a vehicle pursuit with Bouaichi where they found him with a self-inflicted gunshot wound after he crashed in Prince George’s County.

At approximately 11 a.m. today, Alexandria police officers attached to the FBI’s regional Violent Crimes Task Force observed Bouaichi in Maryland and initiated a vehicle pursuit that ended shortly thereafter when Bouaichi’s vehicle crashed in Prince George’s County.

— Advertisement —

Officers approaching the vehicle found Bouaichi with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was transported to a hospital, where he is currently receiving medical treatment.

Look at that–he didn’t even need COVID to end up in the hospital after all.