New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft has been very hush-hush following the whole prostitution ring Florida spa scandal. However, we know he and others will not be charged with human trafficking.
He hasn’t said anything directly. That is, until now. He’s speaking out and apologizing.
“In deference to the judicial process, I have remained silent these past several weeks. To correct some of the misinformation surrounding this matter, my attorney made his first public comments on Friday night. I would like to use this opportunity to say something that I have wanted to say for four weeks,” Kraft said, according to TMZ.
“I am truly sorry. I know I have hurt and disappointed my family, my close friends, my co-workers, our fans and many others who rightfully hold me to a higher standard,” he added.
So he’s not denying wrongdoing.
His statement continues, “Throughout my life, I have always tried to do the right thing. The last thing I would ever want to do is disrespect another human being. I have extraordinary respect for women; my morals and my soul were shaped by the most wonderful woman, the love of my life, who I was blessed to have as my partner for 50 years.”
TMZ Sports broke the story … Kraft’s legal team, along with 14 other defendants, filed for a protective order earlier this week which would prevent all evidence in the case — especially the surveillance video from inside the Orchids of Asia spa — from going public. Kraft’s lead attorney, William Burck, insists that video, recorded on cameras set up by police, was illegally obtained.
One more tidbit:
“As I move forward, I hope to continue to use the platform with which I have been blessed to help others and to try to make a difference,” Kraft stated. ” I expect to be judged not by my words, but by my actions … I hope to regain your confidence and respect.”
I’m a huge Pats fan, but man. This entire story really surprised me. I’m still extremely disappointed in Kraft.