‘Miracle Man’ Wakes Up After Being Taken Off Life Support

Hannah Bleau

Miracles happen every day. We just don’t hear about them.

That changes today!

Meet T. Scott Marr. He was found in his bed unconscious a couple of weeks before Christmas. He was rushed to the hospital, and doctors determined that he suffered from a stroke. Sadly, he didn’t show any signs of improvement.

Marr showed no neurological improvement by the time his family returned the following day. Brain swelling — primarily in the back of the brain — concerned his doctors.

“We were worried in this case that this was not a reversible process and that it was going to proceed to brain death,” said Dr. Rebecca Runge.

His daughter Preston Marr said she and the rest of the family faced a harsh reality: Scott Marr was not expected to recover.

“He had always said, ‘I never want you guys to see me lying in a hospital bed, lying in a nursing home,’” Preston Marr said.

“They told us he was on his way to brain death, so we said our goodbyes before extubating him, all the monitors were shut off and we waited by his side,” she said.

But it didn’t end there. He kept breathing, and they tried talking to him to see if he could respond.

He did.

“I asked him to move his thumbs, and he slowly moved his thumbs, and I asked him to wiggle his toes, and he wiggled all his toes really slightly,” Preston Marr said.

His doctors soon ordered another test. It showed that Scott Marr was suffering from a rare condition called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome.

“It’s commonly caused by high blood pressure, but there are many things that can cause it,” Dr. Runge said. The severe swelling Marr experienced is not typical of the syndrome, she said, which is why a devastating stroke was the initial diagnosis.

“I don’t want to make this into a huge religious thing but I’ll tell you what: It was pretty much a miracle,” he said.

It was. From what I’ve heard, he’s still recovering beautifully.

It’s truly amazing. Imagine the relief of his family members. They were planning a funeral and had to CANCEL those plans, because he lived.

More stories like that, please!

h/t WKRN